How to Tell Your Story 101
Your story is powerful!
1. Know Yourself (Your Story – how to create it)
2. Go from victim to victories from pain to power!
Its creates your brand, your value, you consistency, your relate ability and how you tell it with honesty, authenticity, and passion will ne it be where others will be able to see themselves and put themselves into your story. This allows you to connect with your ideal customer who can relate to you, the road you have traveled, emotions in your head, what you’ve been through, your struggles and of course your successes!
Know Yourself (Your Story – how to create it)
Go from victim to victories – from pain to power
- Developing your personal story
- Steps to sharing your story
- Don’t be a salesman-SHARE, Don’t sell!
- Great story tellers to follow
Fill Out Story Telling Worksheets
1. Coaching revolves around relationships. One of the key elements in building relationships is story telling – which is a foundation to your business.
Inside coaching you are going to get the chance to tell and listen to many stories, over and over.
- The voice in your head that tells stories now has the ability to be heard. The ability to be heard by more then just you. The stories of success, struggle, I can do that, how you did not give up and finally how you overcame MUST no longer be silenced, They need to heard in order to help others.
- You have many stories about Beachbody that are unique to you but relateable to others. Your own feelings, experiences, struggles you have overcome or are still getting through.
- The stories of your potential customers, customers, challenge group members, coaches, team members and the ones you will share, about being helped and helping others.to change their lives.
There is only one you. Treat yourself that way and your story that way- do not compare your story to anyone else’s no one’s is better- just different! Share your scars, that’s what connects us! Share your story and you will attract your idea customer the people you want to help, the people you want to work with the people you want to call teammates.
Today we’re going to learn to tell a story and then dig deep and reflect on what makes you, YOU.
One of the biggest mistakes I hear from new coaches or possible new coaches is “ I don’t have a story, I am not there yet, I need to be more fit” Where you are at is one of the most relatable stories you can tell. You don’t have to be in perfect shape to be proof the products work. Sharing your JOURNEY improves your credibility and gets people excited because they’ll be witnessing and being a part of your transformation/evolution.
2. STEPS TO SHARING YOUR STORY
Your story before you even tell it will always be
- Passionate with Vision
5 main parts to telling your BB Story using Honesty, Authenticity, Passion
- Where you were before
- How did you find it
- What happened when you used it
- Where are you now – Why Are You Better
- DO NOT VOMIT
- Where were you before?
- Ex-athlete, going to the gym, eating doughnuts, drinking soda, how you felt, looked, the clothes you wore or did not wear. What was your mental and physical state- were you without confidence? Did you ever have it? Social? Not? Gain gain? How much?
- How did you find Beachbody?
- Informerical? A friend? Challenge group? Describe that moment? In bed, late night- watch a friend get fit? An announcement on social media- where were you what were you thinking? Doubts? If they can you can. You had enough you decide why not- what was your mind like?
- The success you had with it
- Struggles name a few, challenge groups, motivation, what was easy about using the products, reduce bloat, lost weight, confidence, fun, friendships what did you learn?
- Where are you at now?
- Because of BB you now…. helping others, inches lost, weight lost, how do you feel, what has changed. What are you doing now that you did not before how has your life changed
- Do not vomit! But know your big story- but remember you need to tighten it up – so you are not vomiting on your posts, in videos at your intro and when you are telling your story to others in person!
- Two Stories
- Long Descriptive
- 2 min Captivating
NOW USING THE TIPS IN PART 1 AND 2 OF STORY TELLING GET OUT A PAD AND PAPER AND START WRITING ABOUT YOUR STORY. ITS YOUR FIRST CRACK- THIS IS DESIGNED TO GET YOU FOCUSED, THE MEMORY JOGGED AND TO DUMP YOUR DETAILS OUT.
3. COACHES SHARE – WE DON’T SELL
The key to being an incredible coach is sharing with other people, not SELLING. We share stories, emotions, scars, success, products we are passionate about and solutions. WE DO NOT SELL. One of my favorite quotes is people don’t care what we know- they want to know we care.
Lindsay Matway is a great example of how we are different as Beachbody coaches. We are NOT salespeople! Click HERE to watch this short video.
You want to be: a story teller of your own life. There is No one that knows you and your life better than you do. Be the best story teller of the life of you! Sharing your story has the potential to unleash your true power.
GOAL: Share your story every day!